Friday, February 6, 2009

LibraryThing and Rollyo

I wish I had known about LibraryThing before. I think it's great that you can catalog your books. The feature that I liked the most was the Location feature. You put in the town or city you live in and LibraryThing will show you upcoming events in and around your community such as book fairs or authors coming to a local bookstore, etc..

Creating searchrolls in Rollyo was easy. It's nice to have your favorite websites in one place but I didn't like the search results I got when I searched a website. For example: when I clicked on barnesandnoble.com I got titles of different books that you can buy at Barnes and Noble. You can then click on a choice and get to the Barnes and Noble page for that book. I'd rather go to Google, type in the site I'm looking for or use my bookmark and type in the book I'm looking for. I don't think I'm going to be using Rollyo much.


No comments:

Post a Comment